About ISTE :
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860.The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Govts. are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education.
Objective Of ISTE :
The main objectives are:
- To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
- To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
- To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
- To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
- To enhance professional ideals & standards.
- To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
- To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals.
- To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
- To award Honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.